2014 collection

2014 collection
Fisherman's Friend on linen union

Monday 23 July 2012

Waiting game

At the moment it seems like all I am doing is waiting for things. Waiting for my new website to be up and running, waiting for my new fabrics to be printed, waiting for my new products to be made...it's a little frustrating but that's what happens in design and when you rely on others to make your visions come alive.
As you know, I am injecting new life into KatieMosa and focusing more on my fabric designs and products inspired by my fabrics from now on. I am dying to show you all my hard work over the last few months and even though I am waiting to see the fruits of my labour, I don't see why you have to, so I have decided to give you a taster of KatieMosa's new fabrics and products over my new few blogs.
Fabrics
The first design is called 'Plumage'. It features three types of feathers in random sequence and at different scales. Plumage will be printed onto our beautiful linen union fabric which is a textured oatmeal colour. I wanted to keep the print subtle so have opted for a pale, barely there colour for the feathers, inspired by Farrow and Ball's Cabbage White and All White.


 The second design was named 'Bugs Life' by my husband and it seems to have stuck. The design features insects and beetles which look like they are buzzing and crawling all over the fabric. Bugs Life will also be printed into Linen union and I wanted to go for a slightly brighter colour for this fun print so I took inspiration from Farrow and Ball's Dix Blue and Blue Ground.


These images are working designs and are not the finished article, nor are they to scale but they will be similar and give you a taste of whats to come at KatieMosa in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment